Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Rolig Loon, proprietor, Sa Roligt!


SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/230/135/25 - The shop located through the pillars beyond the cafe behind Town Square.

"I started about six months ago, making simple things like T-shirts for myself. They were pretty bad, but the experience piqued my imagination," says Rolig Loon, a clothing designer who recently opened her first in-world shop on Elysian Isle. "I became fascinated by flexi and the challenge of creating fabric textures that would look good in SL."

Loon designs her own fabrics and patterns - nothing bought or borrowed from other designers. Her shop, Så Roligt! - Swedish for "Such fun!" - is a tastefully appointed space featuring her pastel toned feminine and classic designs. She says she is fearless when it comes to experimentation, and she works quickly.

"I've always liked designs that draw on nature - not necessarily literal butterflies and flowers – although I like them too – but organic themes that conjure up a natural, outdoors feeling as opposed to stark geometricals," says Loon. "I prefer soft lines as opposed to sharp, hard ones, and I like flounce – clothes that flow with you."

The sign on the front window of her shop says it all "Smart clothes for smart women."

SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/230/135/25 - The shop located through the pillars beyond the cafe behind Town Square.

No comments: