Thursday, February 28, 2008

New Blogger's First Post: It's All About Me!

Many thanks to the amazingly patient Cybergrrl Oh, who invited me to join her in this excellent blog just before I fell under a crush of RL work. Here I am now and ready to contribute!

But let me introduce myself first. I'm EvansMom Goodspeed (named for my RL son), and I've been in Second Life since August 2006, attracted by the marketing possibilities, but then I drank the SL Kool-Aid, met some friends, had adventures, became a Gorean slave, had a partner, bought land and contributed mightily to the SL economy in both lindens and dollars. Although both my slavery and my partnership ended, I still love to meet friends and explore this amazing virtual world, lag and crashes notwithstanding.

Cybergrrl invited me to blog on women's issues here in SL, and I plan to begin contributing in my next post. In the meantime, look me up in-world to chat or -- once I really do start posting -- to agree or disagree. I'm a big girl; I can take it.

And in the meantime, do come out and join us on Athena Isle, to chat in a discussion group, wander around the friendly sim or shop a little in Cybergrrl's store. Need a ride? I'll be glad to send the limo.

No comments: